Monday, May 2, 2011

How to change the default profile icon to your own image and link

This video below was made this morning and I apologize for it dragging on a bit. Its difficult to think straight after I just woke up. If you watch the video you will see what I do to change the default profile icon to my own image and link. Then you will know exactly how you can do it too.

I might add here that it helps to know the image size for the default profile icon, which is 140px wide by 160px high. The height size can be altered but the width must remain at 140px otherwise the image will either be too big, too small, and it will not center properly.

By cropping a photo of yourself to the exact width and height will give you a great start, if you do that in the beginning. It also helps to use your favourite photo cropping tool/application/programme. I use Picasa a lot to crop photos.


In Part 2 of this tutorial I will show you the end result. I just haven't made the video yet with all the text added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More
  • Share this page
  •